Enjoy the latest in messaging capabilities with the Samsung Gravity T mobile phone for T-Mobile, which helps you stay connected and up to date on the latest with friends and family. Part of the next generation of Samsung Gravity devices, the Gravity T includes both a customizable 2.8-inch touchscreen display and a side slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for quick messaging responses. You’ll also be able to stay on top of both personal and corporate (Exchange) e-mail while on the go.
The Samsung Gravity T quick messaging phone with customizable touchscreen display (see
It also includes a new social networking feature called T-Mobile Social Buzz, which integrates popular social networking sites into one application. When not actively in use, Social Buzz continues running in the background and delivers pop-up message notifications to the home screen, ensuring you’re in on the latest updates. While in use, Social Buzz gives the option to visit each social networking screen separately or visit an aggregated screen that includes messages from all communities in one simple-to-access place.
Enabled for T-Mobile’s high-speed 3G network, the Gravity T offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. And the 3G-enabled Gravity T will benefit from the enhanced speeds of T-Mobile’s upgraded HSPA+ network, which is being rolled out nationwide to reach up to 185 million people by the end of the year and offers speeds close to 4G connectivity (read more about HSPA+ below).
Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 16 GB, GPS for accessing maps and navigation services (including built-in Google Maps app), personal organizer, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile’s HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile’s 3G service below)
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply)
- 2.8-inch touchscreen display (240 x 320 pixels, 262K color depth) with customizable home screens (three scrollable home workspaces)
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard with familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want
- Full HTML web browser with one-fingered zoom
- 2.0-megapixel camera/camcorder with digital zoom, night mode, adjustable brightness, multiple white balance settings, and modes for multishots, panoramas, and mosaics.
- MP3 player
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- 50 MB internal memory
The Gravity T’s full QWERTY keyboard for quick messaging on the go (see larger image).
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- Web-enabled via T-Mobile web2go (Learn more)
- RSS feeds from favorite Web sites
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm, tasks, memo, calculator, tip calculator, world clock, converter, and stopwatch.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Mobile Backup lets you store your contacts on T-Mobile’s network so even if you lose your phone, you don’t lose your contacts.
The Gravity T weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.3 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile’s 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What’s in the Box
Gravity T handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile’s 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile’s UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you’ll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile’s EDGE network (which stands for “Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution”). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile’s high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- E-mail, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
T-Mobile’s 3G network is currently available in more than 220 cities nationwide and covers more than 160 million people.
T-Mobile’s New, Expanding Super-Fast HSPA+ Network
As of June, 2010, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ in 25 major metropolitan areas across the U.S., and it plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade to over 100 metropolitan cities and up to 185 million people by the end of 2010. HSPA+ provides our fastest data speeds, up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon’s standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience.
HSPA+ enabled areas will enjoy 4G-like speeds, with a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds (and typical download speeds averaging between 5 and 8 Mbps).
While this 3G-enabled mobile phone isn’t with HSPA+ compatibility, it can benefit from enhanced speeds when connecting to the HSPA+ network today.
T-Mobile’s web2go intuitive Web browsing service makes it easy to view and navigate the Web from your phone with features including Yahoo! oneSearch, a customizable home page and a simplified shopping and download experience. You can create a personalized home page for easy, one-click access to your favorite Web sites.
With access to the web2go marketplace included at no additional charge, you can also browse and purchase the latest ringtones, games, wallpaper and mobile optimized applications and services to customize their phone. Providing access to the latest news, information and content, Yahoo! oneSearch intuitively returns results grouped around your intended search. For instance, when you search for a sports team, Yahoo! returns the latest scores, schedules, team profiles, roster, news, images and a link to the team’s Web site.
T-Mobile Mobile Backup
With T-Mobile Mobile Backup, you can store your phonebook on T-Mobile’s network so even if you lose your phone, you don’t lose your contacts. Mobile Backup lets you import entries from Microsoft Outlook, .vcf files, or use .csv files to import from Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.; back up your phone’s address book on our server with enhanced safety features; and store additional contacts on the server.