Cutting-edge, beautiful and fun, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 for AT&T raises the bar for Android smartphone with unique communication and entertainment features and a powerful 8.1-megapixel camera/camcorder. You’ll also be able to zip through the Web and multitask between a bevy of apps with the Xperia X10’s speedy 1 GHz Snapdragon processor and AT&T’s lightning quick 3G network.
Enjoy easy access to your favorite Google services, including Google
In addition to fast video downloads and photo uploads to social networking site, AT&T’s 3G network enables you to can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail, or viewing Web pages. And with its Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11b/g), the Xperia X10 will receive AT&T Wi-Fi access at U.S. hotspots (with more than 20,000 U.S. hotspots) included as part of an unlimited data plan.
With integrated Google technology from the Android 1.6 operating system, the Xperia X10 brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Elegantly designed with precise lines and flowing curves, the Xperia X10 features a 4-inch capacitive touchscreen display with an onscreen QWERTY keyboard, and includes a 2 GB microSD card for storing music, video, photos, apps, and more. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, aGPS for turn-by-turn navigation using Google Maps (as well as other optional apps and services), a Webkit-based HTML browser, MP3 player, and up to 8 hours of talk time.
Sony Ericsson Mediascape and Timescape Apps
The Xperia X10 features two signature Sony Ericsson apps that build on the Android platform to enhance your communications and entertainment experience.
- Timescape is a unique communication application that automatically organizes social interactions in chronological order, leaving you free to concentrate on keeping in touch on the go. From Facebook and Twitter updates to photos, e-mails, and text messages, a scrolling menu offers easy viewing and organization of all communications. Additionally, tap the Timescape Infinite button to bring up and view all communications from a single person in a single place.
- Mediascape gathers music, photos, videos and content from your phone’s memory card and online, letting you browse, search, listen and share your media from one unified view. You can view photos taken on the Xperia X10 as well as your Facebook and Picasa web albums, or, when listening to a favorite song on your phone, press the Mediascape Infinite button to access related content about the artist pulled from the phone’s memory as well as albums, songs, and video content from YouTube and search results from Google.
The Xperia X10 comes fully loaded with a 4-inch crystal clear touchscreen display and super-fast 1 GHz Snapdragon processor (see larger image as well as a schematic of all controls and ports).
The 8.1-megapixel camera with smile detection, face recognition, autofocus and LED flash.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T’s HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 1.6) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- Integrated GPS with a choice of navigation apps:
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say “Navigate to [your destination]” to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
- AT&T Navigator service is downloadable via Android Market and includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- 4-inch touchscreen display (480 x 854 pixels, 65K colors)
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- 8.1-megapixel auto-focus camera with the following features:
- Up to 16x digital zoom
- Image stabilizer helps you avoid blurriness caused by slight hand movements.
- Face recognition automatically recognizes up to five faces in your picture.
- Geo tagging includes location information from where it was taken
- Smile detection allows the camera automatically snap the shot when your subject flashes a smile
- Video capture capabilities with video light for shooting in low-lit conditions.
- Digital audio and video player
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (a 2 GB card is included)
- 1 GB internal memory
- Text, picture and video messaging
- HTML Web browser (Webkit)
- Instant messaging is available through AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, and Google Talk.
- Push e-mail via Google and Exchange with support for IMAP and POP, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- 3.5mm audio jack
The Xperia X10 weighs 4.8 ounces and measures 4.7 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 415 hours (17+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T’s dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
What’s in the Box
Xperia X10 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide
| High-speed data connectivity via AT&T’s 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you’ll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it’s fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
|The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.|