[ReviewAZON asin=”B005HYU1YE” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B0058GWR8O” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B0034TZONM” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B005HYU1YE” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B004343W5E” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B001F7VN6M” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B004HHJWEW” display=”fullpost”]
[ReviewAZON asin=”B003MVZEYQ”]Powerful and refined, the BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone for T-Mobile includes built-in support for both 3G connectivity and voice calls over Wi-Fi networks (802.11b/g). Enabled for T-Mobile’s expanding high-speed 3G network, the Bold 9700 offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites such as Facebook. And, of course, you’ll enjoy all the communication and connectivity features you’ve come to expect from a BlackBerry phone–including email served up by the BlackBerry Internet Service and a full menu of messaging options (SMS, MMS, and IM).
The BlackBerry Bold offers built-in support for 3G cellular connectivity and both data downloads and voice calls over Wi-Fi.
Other features include access to BlackBerry App World, a 3.2-megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture capabilities, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Offering top-of-the-line performance and functionality, it features a sophisticated, high-gloss black finish, chrome highlights and leatherette back. It also includes a distinctive, highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard for fast and accurate typing, and an innovative touch-sensitive optical trackpad, which makes for a great navigation experience.
The built-in GPS supports navigation and location-based services via the included BlackBerry Maps application. A hot-swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot provides additional storage for multimedia files and archiving applications, with a 2 GB memory card included and support for optional 32 GB cards. Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming,
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 offers easy access to BlackBerry App World, the official app store for BlackBerry smartphones, enabling you to browse and download fun and functional mobile applications to their phone. Many applications are readily available directly on the smartphone, such as Slacker Radio for easy access to free music, TeleNav GPS Navigator for turn-by-turn directions (trial version), and visual voicemail for easier access and response to voicemails.
With BlackBerry’s push email technology, your email will find you without having to initiate a connection. BlackBerry devices are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network, notifying you as new email arrives. In addition to the text, you can also receive and view attachments in a wide range of popular file formats, including Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, and Adobe PDF.
Browse the web with the integrated, full-featured browser, which quickly and efficiently displays HTML pages as well as enables you to set up RSS feeds to stay connected to up-to-the-minute news and blog posts. And keep up with your contacts using a variety of instant message (IM) networks, including the integrated Blackberry Messenger as well as downloadable clients for Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, and Lotus Sametime.
For corporate users, this BlackBerry device delivers all the enterprise email and messaging capabilities you’ve come to expect. It’s supported on the BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 8 work or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile’s HSDPA/UMTS network (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile’s 3G service below)
- Unlimited nationwide Wi-Fi Calling with T-Mobile’s Unlimited HotSpot Calling service or the new Wi-Fi Calling with MobileOffice solution for business customers. Get great coverage at home when used with a T-Mobile HotSpot @Home wireless router, and receive unlimited nationwide calls over Wi-Fi, at home or at any U.S. T-Mobile HotSpot. (Learn more)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- BlackBerry OS 5.0
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- Visual Voicemail enables you to listen to your voicemail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- GPS navigation and location-based services via BlackBerry Maps and other third-party solutions. (Learn more)
- 2.44-inch display with 480 x 360-pixel resolution and 65K color depth.
- 35-key backlit QWERTY keyboard
- 3.2-megapixel camera with auto-focus, image stabilization, 2x digital zoom, flash, and geotagging capabilities.
- Video capture capabilities with up to 480 x 352-pixel resolution for sharing (176 x 144 pixels for sending via MMS)
- Multi-format digital audio and video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA 9 Pro/WMA 10, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, and more.
- BlackBerry Media Sync is built right into your BlackBerry Desktop Software and lets you sync your desktop iTunes or Windows Media Player music files with your BlackBerry smartphone. If you’re a Mac user, just choose the “media” option and you’re ready to sync your iTunes music collection from your BlackBerry smartphone onto your Mac.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB. A 2 GB card is included with the phone, and it also has an internal 256 MB memory.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- BlackBerry Browser for accessing Web sites.
- Organizer tools including calendar, task list, memo pad, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Integrated hands-free, full duplex speakerphone
- Voice-activated dialing capabilities
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 weighs 4.3 ounces and measures 4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile’s 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What’s in the Box
BlackBerry Bold 9700 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, USB cable, wired hands-free headset, BlackBerry Desktop Software, quick start guide, user manual
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile’s 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile’s UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web or downloading content from the T-Mobile Web2go content portal. T-Mobile’s 3G network now covers 170 million people in more than 235 cities nationwide and by the end of 2009 is planned to be available to approximately 200 million people across the U.S.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you’ll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile’s EDGE network (which stands for “Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution”). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile’s high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- Email, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
- T-Mobile HotSpot Enabled service: Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile’s wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile’s Unlimited HotSpot Calling service or the new Wi-Fi Calling with MobileOffice solution for business customers. Unlimited nationwide Wi-Fi Calling requires either Unlimited HotSpot Calling mobile plan or Wi-Fi Calling with MobileOffice service, qualifying rate plan, broadband Internet connection and wireless router. Regular plan minutes are used when call does not originate on Wi-Fi network.
Always know where you are and how to get where you need to be with BlackBerry® smartphones featuring BlackBerry Maps and GPS (Global Positioning System) capabilities. Enter an address and receive directions to businesses, restaurants and other locations. Type or paste the information, or launch a map by clicking on a pre-existing address in your address book to view routes and step-by-step directions.
- Interactive maps allow you to pan left, right, up and down and to zoom in and out
- Local search lets you find locations based on keywords. Enter a search term like “pizza” to find pizza places near you
- Send maps via email
- Bookmark your favorite locations for future reference
- Fully optimized for BlackBerry smartphones for fast loading times and efficient data usage
- BlackBerry Maps works with your current wireless network, so no carrier switching is required.
- Video format support: DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3, MPEG4, Sorenson Spark & On2 VP6(Flash support)
- Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro / WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Email support: BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Internet Service (POP3/IMAP4)
- IM client: Yahoo, MSN Live, AIM, Google Talk, ICQ
- USB connectivity: USB port allows charging and data synchronization of the device with a USB “A” to micro-USB “B” cable
- Bluetooth support: Mono/Stereo Headset, Hands-free, Serial Port Profile, Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP/AVCRP) and Bluetooth SIM Access Profile (version 2.1)