Pocket-sized and packing the power of the Android 2.1 platform, the HTC Aria mobile smartphone for AT&T offers a combination of fast 3G speeds, a responsive capacitive touchscreen display and an optical joystick help you stay in touch on Facebook, Google Talk, Flickr, and more while on the go. Offering an amazingly comfortable design, the HTC Aria weighs less than 4 ounces and measures less than a half-inch thin. The 3.2-inch display is complemented by a seven-panel home screen that provides plenty of screen real estate for apps and widgets.
The Android-powered HTC Aria features a 3.2-inch touchscreen, customizable HTC Sense UI, and AT&T Wi-Fi access across the U.S.
Enabled for use on AT&T’s lightning quick 3G network–with its High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) 7.2 Mbps technology–you’ll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music, and more. Additionally, with AT&T’s 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail, or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
With integrated Google technology, the HTC Aria brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Google Talk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Aria also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
Through Android Market, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day. The HTC Aria also includes HTC Sense, a user interface overlay from HTC that offers even more ways to stay connected–including Friend Stream (which delivers Facebook), Twitter, and Flickr updates in a single, consolidated view.
In addition to accessing home and business networks with its Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11b/g), the HTC Aria will also receive AT&T Wi-Fi access at U.S. hotspots (with more than 20,000 U.S. hotspots) included as part of an unlimited data plan. Other features include a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture capabilities, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 2 GB microSD memory card (with support for optional cards up to 32 GB in size), and up to 6 hours of talk time.
Enjoy easy access to your favorite Google services, including Google Talk, Google
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T’s HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.1) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- HTC Sense personalized widgets
- Customizable HTC Scene home screen panels for creating specific home screens with apps for work, play, travel and more.
- Universal search: Simply start typing to begin searching your contacts, applications, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter. Universal search narrows down the possible results as you type, so it’s easier to find what you need.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options. This phone also includes a digital compass.
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels) with virtual onscreen keyboard.
- Optical joystick control with PC-like viewing and navigation of the Web with pinch and zoom.
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture capabilities.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
5-megapixel auto-focus camera on the back.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Full HTML Web browsing
- Text, picture and video messaging
- Instant messaging is available through AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, and Google Talk.
- Push e-mail via Google and Exchange using support for IMAP and POP, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail.
- Google and corporate calendar supports Exchange 2003 and 2007 protocols.
- Rich mobile multimedia including YouTube, AT&T Music, AT&T Radio, MusicID, MobiTV, and Mobile Video.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Quickoffice for viewing Word and Excel files
- Security with VPN and SSL plus password enforcement with remote wipe.
The HTC Aria weighs 3.9 ounces and measures 2.3 x 4.1 x 0.46 inches. Its 1200 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 372 hours (15.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T’s dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
What’s in the Box
HTC Aria handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual
|High-speed data connectivity via AT&T’s 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services.
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries, wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries, and gain access to ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you’ll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, AT&T EDGE is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
|The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search.|
|AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what’s playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what’s hot with The Buzz music news portal.|